Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Article shipping Category: 1
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays**
- Order number: 800017
- Weight: 200 g
Ox Gall is a painting medium for watercolour and gouache. It is used as wetting agent, dispersant or surfactant. This medium improves flow and aids in wetting the paper before painting. Ox Gall is also used to make new artist palettes more receptive for water. The main feature of Ox Gall is that it enhances the flow characteristics of the colours. With the addition of Ox Gall colours can be mixed better on hydrophobic surfaces and colours adhere better to water-repellent surfaces.
When using Ox Gall to wet and degrease surfaces before painting apply with a soft cloth and remove the residue with a clean cloth or sponge.
When adding Ox Gall to the paint please use sparingly to avoid an absorption of the paint.
Talens Ox Gall is available in 75 ml and 250 ml.
Talens Ox Gall 051 at a glance:
• for use with watercolour and gouache
• to wet and degrease surfaces before painting
• for a better adhesion of colours to the canvas
• prevents beading
• enhances the flow characteristics of the colours
• improves the adhesion of water-based paints on hydrophobic surfaces
• usable undiluted or mixed with colour
• composition: surface-active substance (synthetic), water